Six months after birth, it’s time for sippy cups for your baby. Choosing a sippy cup for a six month old baby is a fun time, but can be overwhelming with so many options out there. Here are our top picks for the Best Sippy Cups For Six-Month-Olds. The transition from exclusively breast-feeding to bottles may take some time and patience may be needed. Relax, it will all be okay!
They will have a hard time letting go of one once they find one they like. When they figure it out, they will love it, but it is the hardest to teach! We’ve listed our top 15 picks for the best Sippy Cups for a 6-Month-Old.
The tendency for children to do many things on their own increases as they grow up. One example is drinking on their own. Purchasing the best sippy cup for 6-month-olds might be the best choice for you as a parent. They have anti-slip handles that are designed to keep small hands comfortable. Sippy cups should be selected based on the baby’s age and their preference for ease of transition. We’ve compiled a list of leak-proof sippy cups made from baby-friendly materials that can help.
15 Best Sippy Cups For Six-Month-Olds
1- Mama Bear Weighted Straw Sippy Cup
To help babies transition from the bottle to the cup, Mama Bear makes two-pack cups. To clean the sippy cup, you can easily detach each part. You can easily drink with the straw due to its flexible and weighted design.
- Mama Bear Weighted Straw Sippy Cup, 2-pack
- BPA free
- Removeable handles for your child’s preference
- Removeable silicone straw for easy cleaning and use; diswasher safe
- Attached lid stays open when in use (can be removed completely based on preference)
- Easy to assemble and clean (cleaning straw included); Spill proof and travel safe
- 9 Ounce/270 ml. – Recommended for babies 6 months+
A sippy cup like this can be a good option if you want the natural bottle feel with a soft nipple. The nipple’s soft silicone spout makes it easy for the baby to drink independently and the soft-touch handles provide a comfortable grip for little hands. Its protective cap prevents dust and debris from getting into the cup, so that the baby’s health and hygiene are maintained. Polypropylene and silicone are used to make these sippy cups, which are safe to use.
- Facilitates the transition between bottle and sippy cup for babies 4 plus months
- Comes with fast flow bottle nipple and soft silicone spout
- Trainer handles with soft grips are easy for little hands to hold
- Few parts make assembly and cleaning a breeze; dishwasher safe
- BPA-free; Flexible spiral design, combined with our unique comfort petals to create a flexible nipple, allowing for a more natural feed without nipple collapse.
To manage the transition between bottle feeding and independent drinking, Nuby sippy cups have a soft flex spout. During drinking, the no-spill spout prevents dripping, and the Touch-Flo valve keeps the liquid flowing through as you sip. When a baby teethes, the nipples can help by stimulating the gums. Handles on these sippy cups ensure proper grip and provide a comfortable fit for little hands.
- Helps make the transition from bottle to cup easy on baby and parents with handles that are perfect for little hands
- No-Spill soft silicone Super Spout helps promote baby’s oral development without leaks or spills
- TOUCH-FLO valve allows baby to control liquid’s flow rate
- Colors may vary. You will receive one of the following colors: Pink with Green Top, Green with Orange Top, Blue with Yellow Top, Yellow with Red Top, or Red with Purple Top.
- 4 Months + / BPA Free
A Nuk ten-ounce cup can be an excellent choice if you need a large sippy cup. Featuring a soft spout that is spill-proof and gentle on gums, this bottle ensures the safety of your child. With easy-to-hold handles, this bottle ensures the safety of your child.
- Helps make the transition from bottle to cup easier.
- Spill-proof, soft spout is designed to be gentle on gums while teaching baby to drink from a spout.
- Air vent helps reduce swallowing air.
- Easy-grip, anti-slip handles are easy for baby to hold and removable as baby ages.
- Flows easily when sipped; Designed for ages 6-months and up. Assorted designs.
Munchkin sippy cup is made of stainless steel with a double-wall design to help keep the liquid cool for 15 hours. Its on-the-go cup lid is easy to clean and dishwasher-safe. Made of BPA-free material, the cup help transition easily as the kid can sip from anywhere around the rim.
- Premium insulated, vacuum sealed stainless steel cup keeps drinks cool for 15 hours
- Dentist recommended spotless 360 Degree degree drinking edge eliminates spills completely
- Includes on-the-go cup lid
- Cup automatically seals when a child stops drinking
- Top rack dishwasher safe and easy to clean with no extra valves or parts
This cup helps the baby learn to drink independently with its five-ounce capacity and silicone spout. Detachable handles on the sippy cups encourage children to hold them and make cleaning easier. The sippy cups can be sterilized and put in the dishwasher.
- Two soft sippy cups designed for infants 4+ months, for a smooth transition from breast or bottle to cup-drinking
- Soft silicone medium flow bottle nipple and offset soft spout offer multiple drinking options
- Super soft drinking spouts are extra gentle on baby’s sensitive gums
- Removable, easy-grip handles designed for tiny hands
- Dishwasher-safe and sterilizer-safe for your convenience
Sippy cups with fun designs and ergonomic grooves are ideal for little hands. Chicco’s two-packs offer a comfortable grip and are easy to clean. Sippy cups come with five spouts and three cups, so you can use them interchangeably depending on your baby’s developmental stage. Silicone spout with satin-textured surface facilitates transition from nipples to spout.
- SEMI SOFT SPOUT SIPPY CUP is gentle on gums but built tough for teeth. Trainer sippy spout with a subtle groove helps properly position the lower lip for easy drinking
- NO SPILL SIPPY CUP with sip activated flow for spill free drinking
- INTERCHANGEABLE lids, spouts and cups, all BPA, Latex and PVC Free
- EASY-TO-HOLD 7 oz. sippy cup with ergonomic indents for proper hand placement and non-slip removable handles
- EASY TO KEEP CLEAN – snap-on cap keeps spout clean when not in use and minimal parts are dishwasher safe and easy to assemble
Spout is spill-proof and soft, making transitioning from sucking to drinking easy. This sippy cup from mama is made from polypropylene, silicone, and it has a wide opening so you can fill and clean it easily. The non-slip handles are sure to keep little hands secure.
- SPILL-FREE EXTRA-SOFT SPOUT – Our MAM sippy cups for toddlers feature a spill-free extra-soft spout to help babies learn the transition from sucking to drinking
- ERGONOMIC SHAPE FOR BABY’S LITTLE HANDS – The extra-light MAM baby sippy cups ergonomic shape easily fits your baby’s little hands Designed for babies that are 4-plus months old
- NON-SLIP HANDLES – The non-slip handles make baby cup easy for babies to hold, helping the transition to independent drinking
- INCLUDES A PROTECTIVE DUST CAP – This sippy cup drinking cup includes a dust cap that is spill-proof and protects liquids inside the MAM starter cup from dust and dirt
- PRODUCT DETAILS – MAM Starter Cup (1 Count), Baby Sippy Cup, Sippy Cups for Toddlers With Non-Slip Handles and Ergonomic Shape, Five Ounces, For Boys 4+ Months, Blue
Potato sippy cups are made from PPSU, which is strong and doesn’t deform. A weighted ball at the end of the straw helps adjust the baby’s position so that he or she can drink easily from any position. The handles are anti-slip and detachable, making them perfect for little hands. The cartoon stickers on the lid make the kids happy and excited, and it includes two scales for measuring liquid.
- PPSU material: This product is made of PPSU. The color of PPSU is light yellow and has the characteristics of BPA free, strong molecular stability and high temperature resistance. Compared with the bottle made of PP, the PPSU baby bottle is more sturdy, will not be broken after several falls, and can withstand repeated high temperature sterilization for a long time.
- 2 types of nipples: Spout type is suitable for babies aged 6-12 months. The spout is soft, and the water outlet method is similar to that of a pacifier, which can help the baby transition to the straw cup. Straw type is suitable for babies over 12 months, specially designed for babies in the oral stage, babies can drink water while biting the straw.
- Drink at ease: The bottle cap adopts 4 layers of anti-seepage design, even if the bottle is inverted, it will not leak. With a gravity ball at the end of the straw, baby can easily drink water while lying down. Fold the lid to 180 degrees to fix the lid position (you can hear a clack), never ever worry about the lid sliding down and hitting the baby’s nose.
- Clear & Cute: There are two scale indications（oz&ml） on the bottle, you can clearly see how much water your baby has drunk. There are also 5 different animal patterns on the bottle cap, which can be changed with the turning of the handle. A cute way for baby to learn to feel the world.
- Colorful & Suitable: POTATO has found through research that pink, blue and green are the three favorite colors of babies. We choose these three colors for the straw cup to meet the baby’s pursuit. And 2 type capacities (200ml/7oz and 300ml/10oz) are great to meet the needs of outdoor, school or home use.
The cute look of the Socub sippy cup makes drinking and sipping interesting and encourages children to drink independently. They are free of BPA, PVC, and lead, and the soft silicone straw aids in their oral development. Baby can easily hold it firmly while sipping thanks to its size and handle. A lid that can be easily removed keeps the bottle clean and prevents mold growth.
- 2 in 1 Training Cup: This silicone cup comes with a non-spill lid and silicone straw and straw brush. It acts as both an open cup and a straw cup, giving your baby more options to help them master thir drinking skills.
- BPA Free & Safety: This silicone cup made in 100% food grade silicone, do not contain any BPA, Lead, and Phthalates, have no any taste or smell. Durable and unbreakable, bite safe, freezer & microwave & dishwasher safe.
- Perfect Size: TOPGOMES training and learning Cup is designed to fit baby’s mouth and little hands, toddlers can hold the tiny cup easily without spilling.
- Leak-proof, Drop-proof: Spill proof sippy cup won’t break when dropped, when your toddler tilts the cup, liquid will not come out through the lid. Perfect for all occasions whether at home or on the go.
- Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed: Customer satisfaction is our first priority. We provide 100% money back guarantee if you feel unsatisfied with the Topgomes silicone sippy cup.
An extra medium-flow silicone nipple is included with Avima’s two-pack sippy cups. High safety standards, polypropylene material, and free of BPA, phthalates, PVC, and polycarbonate make these sippy cups ideal for babies. Handles are rubberized for a secure grip in little hands, and the cup has a silicone nipple and spout that can be easily interchanged. The leak-proof valve and dual-flow nipple help in easy transitions and drinking.
- 2 piece trainer sippy cup set with 1 bonus medium flow silicone nipple
- Cup # 1 – Use with Duo-Flo wide neck silicone nipple or non spill silicone spout
- Cup # 2 – Non spill hard spout. 100% spill-proof
- Both cups with trainer handles – easy for baby to grip and hold
- All Avima products are made to the highest safety standards and are free of BPA, PVC, phthalates and polycarbonate. Premium Quality – Great Value!
Sippy Cups: How To Choose The Right One For 6 Month-Olds?
Here are some features to look for before buying a sippy cup for a six-month-old.
- It’s important to keep the baby’s sippy cup spill-free, so it doesn’t leak. To prevent leaks and dripping, purchase leak-proof sippy cups.
- Silly cups should be made from BPA-free, latex-free materials that are safe for babies. They should be made of silicone and should not smell like plastic or contain harmful chemicals.
- Simple cleaning: Some sippy cups come with detachable handles for easy cleaning, and each part of the cup can be cleaned separately. When choosing sippy cups, make sure they are dishwasher-safe and can be sterilized.
- To ensure proper grip while sipping, handles should be the right size, and they should be non-slippery.
- Sippy cups should be easy to use, making the transition to drinking independently much easier for the infant. Soft and durable straws make sippy cups easy to use.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I put in a sippy cup?
Breast milk or formula that contributes to a baby’s growth can be added to sippy cups. You can fill a sippy cup with juice and water after six months.
2- Are there any dangers of using sippy cups?
Using sippy cups for long periods of time is not a good idea, even though they help children transition. You should not use sippy cups until the baby is 24 months old since continuous usage can inhibit oral development and cause dental cavities.
Select the best sippy cup from the list of the top six-month-old sippy cups based on all of the above features and make sipping easy for your child. If you have questions about weaning your child to a cup, you may consult your baby’s pediatrician.