What if you’re used to refreshing, powerful showers, and one day you wake up to a dripping stream that takes forever to clean you? You can imagine how frustrating and irritating it can be to have low water pressure in your home. Therefore, you have to get your hands on the best water pressure booster pump to solve such a problem.
Low water pressure can be caused by many different things, but there is only one way to get rid of this problem for good.
A water pressure booster pump is an important part of your home water system. Your showers will become more robust again with the help of this useful device.
Find out how to choose the best booster pump for your home in this post, along with the 10 top-rated models you can purchase right now.
What Is Pressure Booster Pump and Why You Need One?
Pumps designed to boost the pressure of water in your pipes are known as pressure booster pumps.
To ensure consistent water pressure in your home faucets and showerfeed, the pump draws water from your community line and increases its PSI. Pumps of this type can add pressure up to 40-60 PSI, which is more than enough for domestic use.
If your house is located higher than the water supply line, you may experience reduced water pressure. All the buildings and homes at the end of the community water supply line will also be affected. It is likely that the top floor of your building will have low water pressure.
Water pressure can only be increased by installing a water pressure booster pump in all these cases.
When the city’s shut-off valve causes problems with the community water supply line, you’ll have to install a water pressure booster pump for home.
For homeowners doing home renovations, such as installing new kitchens and bathrooms, you might also want to consider installing a water pressure booster pump to ensure that the water flows properly from the new faucets or shower.
You need a pressure booster pump if your water pressure falls below 30 psi.
Our Best Water Pressure Booster Pump Reviews:
1. Simer 3075SS-01 3/4 HP Pressure Booster Pump
First on our list of the best water booster pumps for home reviews is the Simer 3075SS-01 3/4 HP Pressure Booster Pump. We recommend this pump to every homeowner who wants to increase the pressure of their home faucets without breaking the bank.
Depending on the flow rate (the maximum flow rate is 26 gallons per minute), the pump can raise the pressure of your domestic water up to 40psi. A powerful 3-4 horsepower motor serves as its powerhouse, enabling it to function continually and reliably.
This pump’s male and female NPT intake pipes measure 1 inch, providing just the right flow speed for a typical home. Unlike your refrigerator, this pump runs only when water flows. It produces very low noise (similar to your refrigerator’s humming).
Because this pump is constructed from stainless steel, it is 100% corrosion- and rust-resistant. Thus, it is a very durable and long-lasting model. It is delivered ready for installation and features a 6ft length. 115V power cord.
- Highly durable pump
- 3/4 Horsepower motor
- 24 GPM flow rate
- Easy to use
- Stainless steel housing
- Max pressure boost: 40psi
2. Grundfos MQ3-45 1 HP Pressure Booster Pump
CURRENTLY ON SALE -7%
- Simple operation – self priming
- Automatic reset function
In addition to the boost pump and diaphragm tank, the Grundfos MQ3-45 includes a complete all-in-one system. By using this pump, startups are drastically reduced since the reserve tank holds water. The less frequently it’s used, the longer it will last.
As well as boosting your home’s water pressure, this complete unit also does a good job. This device can increase the pressure of your home water by 45 psi. In addition, it can pull water from a depth of 26 feet in less than five minutes.
The self-priming feature makes this pump incredibly easy to use. It also has a built-in alarm that detects overheating and stops the machine automatically if there is no water flowing. The same sensor will also notify you when it is safe to use the machine. This will prevent costly damage to the pump.
Another noteworthy feature of this pump is its compact design, which is suitable for those with limited space. For maximum longevity, it’s built with corrosion-resistant materials that are hassle-free to install.
- Self-priming for easy operation
- Automatic reset function
- Built-in pressure tank
- Easy and quick to install
- 24-month warranty
3. Davey Water Products BT20-30T2-USA Home Pressure Booster Pump
- Pressure Boost = 50 psi (30 psi at 20 gpm)
- Stainless Steel Impellers and Pump Casing
This Davey Water Products BT20-30T2-USA booster pump is a top-of-the-line unit that is perfect for larger houses with multiple water outlets. Even though this model may seem too expensive at first, you’ll end up with a long-lasting pump that gives you consistent water pressure.
Assembly of the pump will be your responsibility. In any case, this is an easy process for you…especially since a detailed manual is included in the box.
Once installed, the pump can elevate your home’s water pressure up to 50psi!
The Torrium-II controller is used instead of float switch controllers in this booster. By doing so, the pump has an advantage over its competitors as it can start as soon as the faucet is turned on. The additional benefit of these controllers is that they are capable of adapting to changing weather conditions—eliminating possible interruptions in water pressure.
Your home’s current water pressure can be easily seen with the included pressure indicator window. This stainless steel boost pump is corrosion resistant and long-lasting.
- Up to 50psi pressure boost
- Stainless steel housing & impellers
- Power surge protected
- Dry-run protected
- Flexible S/S FIP discharge hose
4. BurCam 506532SS Water Pressure Booster Pump
- DUAL APPLICATION JET PUMP: Designed for shallow wells up to 25′ deep or to boost municipal water pressure.
- CONSTANT PRESSURE CONVENIENCE: provides a consistent household pressure in the whole home and eliminates the need of a pressure tank and pressure switch.
We also reviewed the BurCam 506532SS Water Pressure Booster Pump on our best water pressure booster pump reviews list. This particular model is designed to work as a low water pressure booster and shallow water jet pump.
Water pressure can be boosted to an incredible 65psi by the pump. The pump can also pump water from depths of 200 feet. This pump is also capable of delivering 890 gallons per hour at 30 psi. Due to its floating stack design, the risk of sand locking is greatly reduced.
Whenever you turn on your faucets or the shower, the pump’s controller will sense a pressure drop. The pump can then jump into action in time and boost the water pressure.
Easily installed and easy to use, the pump offers 34% Horsepower, providing great pressure boosting capabilities. To prevent overheating and overloading, the motor is completely enclosed and fans are used to cool it. This stainless steel pump is durable enough to serve you for a long time.
- Durable stainless steel body
- High-performance Noryl impeller
- Maximum pressure: 65 PSI
- Max flowrate: 15 gpm
- 1″ NPT suction and discharge
- Comes with 10ft. power cord
- 24-month warranty
5. BOKYWOX 90W Water Pressure Booster Pump
- 1.Buy 1 pump, get 2 flow switches. 1 switch is necessary, the other is for backup. If the pump does not work, please use the other flow switch for replacement.
- 2.Suitable for 1 room(bathroom or kitchen) , 2 to 4 faucets. Connection size: G 3/4″ on pump ports, G 1/2″ on unions, suitable to 1/2″ pipe. A minimum inlet flow rate of 0.6 GPM is required to ensure automatic starting.
BOKYWOX 90W Water Pressure Booster Pump is your go-to pump if all you need is a simple pump to increase water pressure for 1-2 faucets in one room (kitchen or bathroom, for example).
Its affordable price allows you to add up to 14.5 psi of pressure to your water system. Designed to adjust automatically to your needs, you’ll never have to deal with inconsistent water pressure again. With its powerful 90W motor, it is capable of carrying out its intended function without fail.
Its simplicity does not detract from its longevity. This is evident from the durable materials used in its construction (cast iron and brass).
This pump is also extremely easy to install and use, just like most of the others in this list. Included in the package are a float switch and the necessary fittings. This pump needs a minimum flow rate of 0.6 gallons per minute (GPM) in order to start automatically.
- Durable cast iron plus brass body
- Adds up to 14.5 PSI to your water
- Easy to use and install
- Powerful 90W motor
- Connection size: NPT 1/2″ on unions, G 3/4″ on pump ports
- Water flow switch, fittings included
6. Hayward 6060 0.75 HP Booster Pump
- Uses up to 40% less energy than other booster pumps, reducing pool operating costs
- Suitable for all pressure cleaners requiring a booster pump
If you desperately need to boost the pressure of your pressure cleaner, then the Hayward 6060 0.75 HP Booster Pump was made for you. It will work with EVERY type of pressure pump you can imagine and is sure to deliver exceptional performance.
People love this pump because of its energy-efficient nature. The unit consumes 40% less energy than most other pumps on the market, which reduces your energy bills.
There is a 1-1/2′′ plumbing union fitting on this pump that effectively improves its performance while facilitating hassle-free installation or replacement. Additionally, it comes with 3/4″ hose barb union adapters that allow it to easily be retrofitted to existing installations (using flexible hoses to connect to the pump).
You’ll also notice that this pump has a taller mounting base. It’s not a design flaw, rather, it’s a thoughtful design that enhances motor ventilation and prevents flooding.
- Uses 40% less energy than the competition
- Ideal for pressure cleaners
- 1.5-inch union fittings
- 3/4-in hose barb union adapters
- Tall mounting base
- Exceptionally quiet performance
7. Flojet 02840100A Marine High Volume Water System
- Integrated pump and tank system
- May be mounted vertically or horizontally
With the Flojet 02840100A, you can’t go wrong when it comes to whole house water booster pumps. With this model, both a booster pump and a tank are integrated into one unit.
When it comes to raising the low water supply, this device is a real deal. The model provides constant water pressure supply up to a maximum of 40 psi, making it suitable for average-sized homes. The 4.5 gallon per minute maximum water flow rate (at 10 psi setting) provides faster water flow.
With a fully automatic booster pump, you can count on it to detect when water pressure drops and respond accordingly. In addition to an inlet strainer pressure switch, it features a check valve that allows water to flow smoothly out of your faucets.
Installation of the water system is simple, as only the water lines and power cord need to be connected. Installing this unit horizontally or vertically depends on the available space.
- Integrated pump & tank system
- Fully automatic pump
- Up to 40psi pressure boost
- Max. Flow rate: 4.5gpm
- One-year warranty
8. Zodiac PB4-60 Polaris Booster Pump with 60-Hertz Motor
CURRENTLY ON SALE -27%
- Ultra high efficiency 3/4 horsepower motor
- Heavy duty single piece base. Amps: 6.4/12.8
Polaris Side Pool Cleaner Booster Pumps are specially designed to boost water pressure of Polaris side pool cleaners, ensuring maximum cleaning efficiency.
The Zodiac PB4-60 Polaris Booster Pump delivers high-performance power, ultra-quiet operation, and durability, making it a favorite for everyone. Thanks to its high-efficiency 34 horsepower motor, the motor is able to deliver a peak performance even with a low profile.
Additionally, the booster pump is energy-efficient, enabling you to save as much power (and money) as possible.
The boost pump is pretty easy to install because the soft tube hose and quick connectors are included.
A redesigned, larger volute with an O-ring seal helps eliminate leaks. When winterizing or draining, the ergonomic drain plug has an O-ring that facilitates easy pump removal without tools.
- High-efficiency 3/4 HP motor
- Heavy-duty single-piece base
- Ergonomic drain plug w/ring
- Captured back plate nut fasteners
- Redesigned volute seal O-ring
- Quick and easy installation
\9. Aquatec 8800 series 8852 water pressure boost pump
- This pump is great for Aeroponics, hydroponics, misting applications
- This is 24VAC pump with 115V 60Hz transformer.
You can also find the Aquatec 8852 series 8800 on the market today. These pumps are designed for misting and aeroponics.
The pump comes with a heavy-duty 3-amp transformer, which translates to a more powerful and reliable performance. Water pressure can be raised to 100 psi with this transformer!
Similar pumps come with plastic mounting brackets, but this model comes with a steel mounting bracket, which is much stronger and more durable.
- Heavy-duty 3-amp transformer
- Heavy-duty steel mounting bracket
- Increases water pressure up to 100psi
- Adjustable bypass pressure
- Built-in quick connect fitting
- 3/8″ inlet /outlet
10. Express Water Demand Delivery Pump 110 V Pressure Boost Pump
- Water Delivery Pump 110 V with Multi Use Applications
- Pressurize Water from a Storage Tank
If you need a pump that can efficiently pressurize the water in your storage tank, the Express Water Demand Delivery Pump 110 V Pressure Boost Pump will do the trick. Your tank water can reach a pressure of 90 psi with this pump!
With this pump, you can not only pressure the water in your tank, but also deliver purified water to a given area…or simply increase the water pressure when it is needed. Due to this, this pump is used for misting systems, carbonation systems, medical lab ware, multi-fixture RV water installations, and even water treatment.
An affordable boost pump plugs into a standard 110V electrical outlet. Besides being thermally protected, the pump also features automatic restart.
Installing this pump is easy and convenient since it includes quick connection ports (sizes 1/4″ and 3/8″). Furthermore, it can self-prime up to 6.5 feet, so you’ll have no problem using it.
- Multi-use applications
- Can pressurize storage tank water
- Hassle-free installation
- Ports: 1/4″ & 3/8″ Quick Connect
- Self-primes up to 6.5ft.
- Thermal overload motor protection
How to Install a Pressure Booster Pump For Home?
A typical pressure booster pump is designed to be installed in your home’s main water line. As you’ve seen from the top-rated pumps we’ve just discussed above, the installation process is quite easy and fast.
This is how you do it:
- Turn off your main water supply valve at the meter. Before/after installation, drain the water from your pumps and leave your faucets open to help release trapped air.
- Cleaning the water pipe leading to your house can be done with an emery paper. The fittings on the pump will then be able to grip more easily.
- Use a tubing cutter to cut the water supply line.
- Put your booster pump into place. As well as cutting and assembling copper pipes and fittings, you will need to connect the booster pump to existing water lines.
- Disassemble the copper pipes and the fittings, and clean each part with emery paper.
- Apply flux to the connections and then solder them together.
- You might need to hire a licensed electrician to connect your pressure booster pump to the electrical panel. Some models require a dedicated GFCI circuit, which will require professional installation.
- After everything has been set, open the water supply valve at the meter and run the faucets for a few minutes to release any trapped air inside the pipes.
- See if the water pressure has improved by checking the pressure indicator on your new pump. You should be able to see results if the setup is done correctly.
Please refer to your pump’s user manual for more details on how to install your specific model of water pressure booster pump.
How To Buy One?
Buying a water booster pump for home can be a complicated process. Different models are made with different pressure-boosting capabilities, so you’ll need to know which model suits your needs.
If you pay attention to the following factors, you will be able to find the right boost pump for your home:
- One of the most important features of a pressure booster pump is its pressure rating (expressed in pounds per square inch, psi). Calculate the difference between the current water pressure and the normal water pressure of your system to determine how much pressure boost you’ll need.
- You should also make sure that the pump you intend to buy is made from durable materials so that it will last longer. Models made from stainless steel are corrosion-resistant and long-lasting.
- Flow rate: the maximum flow rate of a booster pump (measured in gallons per minute, GPM) refers to the maximum amount of water it can move per minute. You will be able to pick a pump with a flow rate that matches the amount of water flowing out of your home faucets if you know how much water your faucets need to output.
- Pumps that self-prime are much easier to use because they can pull fluid into their inlets without any assistance from the operator.
- Look for a pump that can be connected to your home’s electrical outlets to eliminate the need for an electrician during the installation process.
A water pressure booster pump is crucial if you wish to increase the pressure of water coming out of your home’s faucets and showers. The device can raise the water pressure up to 60psi or more, depending on the model you choose.
The best water pressure booster pump for your home will be based on your specific water pressure needs. The 10 most popular boost pumps on the market today that will ensure you always have constant water pressure in your home are listed above.
Learn how to choose a boost pump that matches your needs and requirements with our quick buying guide.